About the Company: Our client is dedicated to helping Florida veterans receive both emotional support and linkages to community resources.
Type: Direct Hire
Pay: $18 per hour
Hours: 8-5 M-F
- Screen and conduct Veterans for safety and risk through a comprehensive, person-centered screening in accordance with best practices.
- Conduct comprehensive need and service assessment.
- Coordinate care plan with veterans and their family.
- Provide follow-up and monitor connections to service delivery.
- Compare correspondence, case notes, narratives, and technical reports, notifications, and related documents using computer-based applications.
- Model the attributes of respect, trust, sensitivity and confidentiality to callers, volunteers and coworkers
- Actively participate in ongoing supervision, training and team meetings
- Attain certification as a Recovery Peer Specialist within 18 months of hire.
- Build and maintain relationship with respect, trust, sensitivity, and confidentiality to callers, volunteers, coworkers, and community stakeholders.
- Serve and participate in national, state and local meetings, committees, community activities and outreach events as required.
- Actively participate in ongoing supervision, training and team meetings.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Follow all organization’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of systems, organizations and programs that deal with young children and families facing developmental, behavioral and learning challenges.
- Knowledge of Health and human services background preferred.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong data entry skills
- Proficient personal computer skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently seeking with major course work in social work, psychology or other field closely related field.
- U.S. veteran of a branch of the United States Military Forces including the Coast Guard and National Guard (retired or reservist).
- Copy of DD-214 required as proof of military service.
- Experience working with the veteran population highly desirable.
- Health and human services background preferred.
- Experience with federal, state and local government benefit programs preferred.