JOB ID 13727 – Shipping / Receiving Clerk
About the Company: Well known speciality healthcare pharmacy in East Orlando has a need for a Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Pay: $14 per hour
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Responsible for reviewing production, work and shipment schedules and recording inventory levels, cost, etc.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand-truck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze costs related to manufacturing, labor and materials.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to shipping and production.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. 0-2 years related experience required.