About the Company: Well established healthcare company is looking for an experienced Patient Care Coordinator in the Altamonte Springs area. This position is working within a specialty pharmacy setting and two years experience is required. The ideal candidate will be polished and professional, and able to interact with patients in an empathetic and upbeat manner. This position will require someone that is able to work well independently with a customer service mentality.
Type: Direct Hire
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit package is offered after 90 days
Schedule: Sat-Sun 8:00am – 5:00pm, and 3 weekdays: 11:00am – 8:00pm, one-hour lunch. Days off during week will be 2 consecutive days.
Pay: Depends on experience
Job Description: Your main responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate monthly deliveries of specialty medications, ensuring right patient, receives right medication to the right address.
- Achieve monthly call calibration meeting metric of 90 or better.
- Communicate via phone, and/or email with patients, physicians, payers, to provide them necessary information regarding patient delivery or delay of medication delivery.
- Responsible for documenting all communication regarding patient treatment and or physician office in patient medical record.
- Assess patient therapy compliance and report noncompliance of treatment to pharmacist & physician.
- Document ADR/Adherence occurrences, and escalating all clinical calls to appropriate clinician.
- Adjudicate patients claim and bill pt. for co-payment during the refill process.
- Courtesy calls to patients the day before scheduled delivery to remind patients to expect a medication delivery.
You are the right candidate if you meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED, no college required
- MUST have 2 years of specialty pharmacy experience, or solid history of call center experience
- 2 years of college preferred
- Great phone etiquette
- Able to operate phone and computer comfortably
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- EMR system (CPR+) preferred
- Strong and accurate data entry skills
- Well spoken, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual- Fluent in Spanish and English a plus!
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate in a professional, clear, and kind manner
- Able to communicate using proper grammar and punctuation