About the Company: Are you looking for more from your career? Hiregy connects job seekers with exceptional companies and helps them fulfill their professional goals. You can trust our professional staffing agency to treat you with respect, take time to learn about your skills, and find a match for your experience and aspirations.
Job ID: 14171
Job title: Payroll Accountant
Location: Clearwater, 33760
Type: Contract to Hire
- Maintains, and completes payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize work and resources.
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare account reconciliations, budgets and financial grant reports.
- Ability to be discreet with personal information that may be needed for some grants such as employee salaries or upcoming projects.
- Assist with Audits, Projections, and Budget and Special Projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Certified Payroll Professional with at least three years of
- Experience in ADP Workforce Now Preferred.
Proficient in Payroll systems, Concur and Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. V-Lookups, Pivot tables)
- Background check required