Are you ready to take the next step in your accounting career? Be part of something BIGGER?
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Payment Recovery Manager to join a corporate office accounting leadership team located in downtown Orlando, Florida. This individual will report directly to the Vice President of Accounting, supervising daily operations and activities for the organization’s centralized billing and AR/collection processes; including overseeing the accuracy and timely processing of membership renewals, bad debt, data reporting and analysis.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated hands-on leader, with a keen attention to detail, highly organized, and analytical. They are a natural problem-solver, meets multiple deadlines, and prioritizes tasks, with the ability to change/pivot as needed. They have an aptitude in technology; including Microsoft Excel, thrives in a busy and sometimes-ambiguous corporate office environment, possess excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills, and the ability to lead and influence others.
• Train, mentor and develop high performing Accounts Receivable (AR) and Collections staff.
• Schedule and organize weekly work assignments to ensure timely completion with accuracy and efficiency.
• Monitor and report on key performance indicators.
• Analyze data, systems and processes of member aging’s, tracking call history reports, identifying problem accounts and determining resolutions.
• Resolve complex billing issues and communicate the resolution to the Accounting Manager or VP of Accounting.
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures related to accounts receivable, collections, and billing processes.
• Determine key KPIs on which the team should be measured and implement, setting goals and training for operations team.
• Streamline processes and procedures to improve efficiencies in cash application, including identifying upstream business processes that may need to change and coordinating and obtaining buy-in from key stakeholders.
• Identify and communicate member (payer) and claim trends to leadership as discovered.
• Complete monthly performance scorecards and quality assurance audits with feedback.
• Respond to operations / field staff regarding questions and requests for assistance in a timely manner.
• Work with internal and external lines of business for successful outcomes.
• Develop monthly revenue cycle management reports.
• Develop a rapport with operations staff; act as a partner and trusted advisor to the Accounting department
• Prepare and submit annual reviews as scheduled and provide positive feedback for team member success.
• Provide updates and changes on an ongoing basis to the Accounting Manager or VP of Accounting.
• Process payroll/employee timecards for any direct reports.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor degree required; in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related business field preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in managing the daily operations for Accounts Receivable and/or B2B Credit/Collections; preferably in a corporate setting with multiple locations.
• Must have proven ability to lead and develop high performance accounts receivable and collections teams.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving skills with a high degree of independence and ability to take initiative.
• Ability to create processes and ensure controls, establishing metrics for performance.
• Microsoft Office proficiency required; including demonstrated advanced working knowledge of Excel.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to provide a high-level customer service experience.
• Must exhibit professionalism, patience, and understanding; ability to treat confidential information with sensitivity.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as critical thinking ability.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
• Experience utilizing Oracle, Salesforce or related ERP desired.
• Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines, including participating in company-wide projects and initiatives
• Ability to work with members, guests, third-party vendors, volunteers and staff at all levels of the organization.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, our client provides exceptional benefits, which include the following:
• Affordable and quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
• Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
• 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
• Generous paid time off package.
• Exceptional career opportunities with the nation’s most valuable and recognized non-profit brands.
• A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!