POSITION SUMMARY: Manage and administer the treasury and debt activities of the Finance Department. Monitor all the Authority's investment transactions including purchase, sales, maturities, interest and market pricing. Monitor and analyze cash and investments transactions and position. Assist with the issuance of debt and perform continuing disclosure requirements relating to such. Assist with the procurement process as it relates to Finance Department professional services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer the Authority's cash, investment, and debt programs within the guidelines established by state statutes, bond covenants, and Authority policies.
• Monitor cash flow projections and investment balances to maintain that adequate available funds to meet cash requirements while receiving the optimum return on invested funds. Monitor daily cash to confirm sufficient liquidity and allocation of overnight investment; verify availability of cash for required distributions by the trustee.
• Manage the Investment Advisory Services contract and monitor the purchase and sale of investment instruments including but not limited to: liaison with Investment Manager(s), Trustees, Broker/Dealers (when necessary) prepare required information and provide to the Investment Manager for investment decisions; verify that investments purchased comply with policy and confirm proper settlement of investments.
• Manage the Authority's trustee and investment banking service relationship, review needs and make recommendations to automate banking service processes; confirm that only the agreed upon fees are being charged to the Authority.
• Monitor entries to the Investment Management System (Sympro) to maintain accuracy of data in reports; coordinate necessary upgrades or trouble-shooting of software issues.
• Review prepared monthly investment reports of the Authority's portfolio for distribution to management and semi annual investment report for distribution to Finance Committee.
• Oversee and assist in cash and credit account reconciliations improvements including reviewing opportunities to automate the reconciliation process
• Manage arbitrage rebate compliance process. Add certificates to the bond compliance checklist each fiscal year. Confirm that required reports are prepared, appropriate tax reports are filed, and payments are timely.
• Review, update and implement Post Issuance Tax Compliance Procedures including new projects when Non-AMT bond funding is being assigned, creating spend down plans for bond proceeds and monitoring bond projects for change in use.
• Verify continuing disclosure requirements related to Authority financing are met; coordinate with Digital Assurance Certificate, LLC (DAC) as appropriate to verify fillings are submitted and uploaded to Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA) when required; identify and implement new reporting requirements as appropriate.
• Review financial statement variances and fluctuations regarding investment accounts; review explanations for monthly financial statements and provide input as required.
• Review and provide input for investment and debt related notes and supporting documentation to financial statements regarding required GASS disclosures.
• Coordinate all aspects of debt issuance including preparation of offering documents, review of bond and bank loan documents, performance of continuing disclosure requirements, and rating agency surveillance; confirm accuracy of related documents.
• Assist with management of line of credit usage including review and approval of interest payments and preparation and coordination of line of credit draws.
• Assist with procurement process for professional services including but not limited to the preparation of requests for proposal documents, review of responses, and preparation of response summary documents.
• Supervise employees in assigned area. Assign work; monitor hours of work and authorize time sheets; oversee quality, quantity and timeliness of work performed; confirm the compliance with established policy, procedure and standards. Advise management of areas of concern and recommend solutions. Prepare and conduct performance evaluations; develop and provide training as needed. Participate in interviewing and selection of employees, and recommend disciplinary action as needed. Provide for the safety and security of the work area.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
I MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting and six (6) years experience in a related finance field including cash management, treasury and debt responsibilities, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Supervisory experience highly desirable. Experience streamlining cash disbursement and cash receivables processes; issuance of bonds and lines of credit preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
• Strong understanding of cash management including cash flow projections and cash position
• Knowledge of treasury function including investments and debt (including loans/lines of credit).
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral skills.
• Extensive computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, must be familiar with a computerized general ledger system. Sympro and Bloomberg LLP software experience desirable.
• Valid Florida driver's license.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License, Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation desirable.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Indicate number supervised)
• Directly supervises a staff of approximately 1 employee.