About the Company: International organization in Lake Mary is seeking a Proofreader/Exam Publication Specialist to assist with quality review on their Exam Publication team.
Assignment Length: Contract-to-hire
Hours: M-F 8:00a-5:00p, one hour lunch
In this role you will:
- Coordinates with Exam Development staff to export English items from the test bank for translation.
- For all supported languages, completes acceptance review of newly translated items and then executes the item upload procedure to place the items in the test bank.
- Uses defined HTML templates to build required tables and images used in questions, and for creation of supporting exam screens.
- Prepares translated questions for Regional Review, and also prepares laptops and supporting files for use in documenting corrections needed. In the test bank, updates items that require corrections.
- For all exams, reviews each form to ensure that all questions are formatted and display correctly in delivery mode. Verifies that English and translated versions of each question match. Corrects any questions that do not comply with exam standards for terminology and formatting.
- Executes each exam to ensure that it branches correctly and includes all required functionality.
- Verifies that items are weighted correctly and have the correct keys and cut scores and that exams calculate correct results at various performance thresholds.
- Completes reviews for all exams to help ensure that all errors are corrected and all required steps completed.
- With guidance, updates procedures, checklists, and tracking sheets as necessary to support the publishing and quality assurance processes.
- With guidance, updates new templates in the test bank as needed.
- Builds and/or updates new forms in the test bank as needed.
- Builds/maintains the exam tutorials for each supported language.
Previous Proofreading/admin experience.
Associates Degree or equivalent related experience preferred.
Computer savvy, Intermediate Excel skills.
Has excellent attention to detail.
Adheres to strict confidentiality requirements.