About the Company: Well-established non-profit facility in Tampa is seeking a Bilingual Healthcare Customer Service Representative.
Do you have Patient Referral experience, Triage, Medical Terminology and more?
Type: Contract to Hire
Pay: $17 hr.
Under the supervision of the Corporate Manager, receives and completes patient intake of referral requests for treatment – 20%
• Prepares documents as needed for complex domestic and international patients for review by the Corporate Manager and others as necessary, to ensure expeditious referral to the appropriate SHC facility and/or provider in a timely manner – 20%
• Coordinates the triage and screening of patients seeking care from foreign countries, including but not limited to collecting and arranging for receipt of all medical records, radiology, operative reports and photos pertaining to the child’s diagnosis and condition – 20%
• Communicates with patient families and/or the referring sponsors and Shriners International regarding the status of the referral on behalf of Shriners Hospitals for Children until such time the referral to a SHC facility is complete or a determination is made the referral is beyond the scope of care of Shriners Hospitals for Children. Assists contacting translation services to facilitate communication or documentation between patient, hospital or other agencies – 20%
• Collaborates with the local SHC facilities intake and care management teams to facilitate local review of patient referrals for surgical and non-surgical care
- 3 years of experience working in a healthcare setting- someone who has worked in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor’s office or hospital or clinic, like a medical assistant or something to that effect.
- Bilingual – this means English plus at least one other language, such as Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, etc.
- Proficiency with medical terminology required (especially orthopedic and/or burns if possible)
- Typing speed of 45 wpm minimum
- Experience with heavy phone intake
- Able to do basic word processing in Word
- Able to do basic Spreadsheet work in Excel
- Proficient in Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks