DEPARTMENT: Controller –Receivables
SUMMARY: Manages company’s accounting activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing.
- Reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares and presents financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, budgets, and variance analysis.
- Supervises monthly balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepares and presents monthly financial statements.
- Coordinates annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Directs budget preparation, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification for proposed budgets.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
- Ensures compliance with statutory payroll and property tax reporting.
- Monitors receivables to ensure credit risk is mitigated.
- Oversees accounts payable function including but not limited to compliance with expense reporting, capitalization policy, and purchase order procedures.
- Assists with company strategic planning.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises employees within the department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent.
- Four to six years related experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
- Sales Tax and Business license.
- Month End Reporting
- General Ledger and Journal entries.
- Cash Flow
- Financial Audits
- Proficient in Receivables.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the organization.