About the Company: Are you looking for more from your career? Hiregy connects job seekers with exceptional companies and helps them fulfill their professional goals. You can trust our professional staffing agency to treat you with respect, take time to learn about your skills, and find a match for your experience and aspirations.
Job ID: 14091
Job title: Certified Medical Coder – CPC
Location: Temple Terrace, 33637
Pay: $41,600 – 50,000 (depends on experience)
Type: Direct Hire or Temp-to-hire, depending on previous experience
Analyzes and interprets information in the medical record and assigns the correct code(s) utilizing ICD-10-CM and or CPT-4 classification system to the diagnoses/procedures of medical records according to the coding guidelines. Abstracts all necessary information from medical records to identify the diagnosis and any related complications and co-existing conditions. Reviews medical staff documentation and assigns appropriate procedure codes including evaluation and management services. Reviews clinical documentation to ensure valid ICD-10-CM codes are assigned. Implements CHS physician query process when code assignments are not straight forward or documentation in the medical record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes. Maintains a 95% coding accuracy rate as set by organization.
- High School diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Background check required
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of acute care, home health, physician or ancillary coding experience
- Successful completion of a coding certificate program with American Health Information Management Assn. (AHIMA) required or is eligible to receive or has received the following credentials CCS, CCS-P, CCA, or CPC*
- Knowledge of: ICD-10-CM and CPT with a familiarity of the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and the Evaluation and Management Documentation Guidelines
- Knowledge of: medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, AHA Coding Clinic, AMA CPT Assistant, and Coding Clinic for HCPCS
- Knowledge of clinical documentation improvement and its importance as it relates to coding accuracy
- Familiarity with encoder technology including Computer Assisted Coding, and abstracting system along with electronic medical record (EMR)